perjantai 7. joulukuuta 2012

Thumbs the Octopus



A couple of weeks ago I got a very exciting e-mail. My sister's friend, Polo, shared the lovely story of little octopus Thumbs with me (click the pictures and read about it!) and then asked: "Milja, can you make a Thumbs?"

So I began to search Ravelry for the perfect pattern. I found many candidates (these, for example) but the most suitable pattern for a baby, Polo's favorite, was this one.

I started knitting furiously to finish and mail it on time before Christmas. Luckily Thumbs was a quick project to knit, so after two days he was already finished! I couldn't be happier about the outcome :) Ta-dah!

Yarn a mixture of different baby yarns
Needles size 3,5 mm
Pattern available for purchase on Ravelry



Thumbs will now enjoy the cold Finnish winter before his flight to the US :) Unfortunately our whole family is quite attached to him.. I guess I'll have to make another one for us!

I wrote in English just for Polo, so this time he doesn't have to use Google Translate :)  

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti